The 1846 Blodgett house is now the fourth oldest house in the Village after the Orange Lyman House and the Henry Carpenter House both located on Maple Avenue and the Pierce Downer House at 4437 Seeley Avenue.
In 2008 this 1846 Blodgett House was acquired by the Downers Grove Heritage Preservation Corporation and moved onto the Historical Museum Campus, adjacent to its original location on Maple Avenue. Community volunteers have restored and renovated the 1846 Blodgett House to make it suitable as a gift to the community for the Park District to own and operate as a public museum.
Please visit the 1846 Blodgett House ... on the Move Internet site for current information about this significant preservation effort.
Close this page to return to the PDHA home page.